Our bespoke negotiating skills programmes vary in duration from one to three days – depending upon the depth of understanding the delegates bring to the workshop.
These are highly intensive programmes that deal with (or reprise) the basic principles, before focusing in some depth on the more advanced aspects of commercial negotiations. Our aim is to provide a conceptual framework designed to build self-confidence and improve effectiveness.
The topics covered during a typical programme will include:
- Understanding the negotiating process
- Preparing for a complex negotiation
- Conducting effective face-to-face negotiations
- Negotiating successfully on the telephone
- Interpreting negotiating behaviours
- Handling difficult people and situations
- Leading or contributing to team negotiations
- Adapting one’s negotiating style to different situationsAll the delegates are given an opportunity to hone their negotiating skills during a varied range of exercises, simulations and role-plays. Process observation and video analysis are used to develop increased sensitivity to negotiating behaviour and tactics.